This would be a good recipe for gluten free or lactose free athletes. I’m sure you could also substitute a vegan replacement for the eggs as well!
These are extremely easy to make and make a decent amount of cookies for a small amount of ingredients. They don’t really spread in the oven, so you can put them about 1/2″ to 1″ apart on the baking sheet. The applesauce will keep them moist – don’t skip it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup vanilla or peanut butter protein powder
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together in a medium bowl.
- Create 2 tablespoon balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Press on each cookie with a fork to flatten in, creating a criss cross pattern.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling, as they will be soft out of the oven but firm up as they cool.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.