This was a fun recipe to make. I highly recommend mixing the dough with your hands to activate the gluten in the flour – it started mixing so much better after I switched to using my hands rather than a spoon. I used a full 5 tsp of water to get it to the right consistency.
Make sure you flour your surface, rolling pin, and dough, because it will stick otherwise! I rolled it out to about the size of an 8×8 pan comfortably. This recipe is best served hot out of the oven and dipped in marinara sauce!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 scoops protein powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3-5 tsp water, as needed
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4c shredded parmesan
- 1/4c fat free shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, protein powder, egg, baking powder, and Italian seasoning together. Add water as needed to form a dough that can be shaped into a ball.
- Use a rolling pin to form into a large rectangle that will fit the baking sheet. Be careful to roll it out evenly so it can bake evenly.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and add the garlic.
- Spread the garlic butter on the dough and top with both cheeses.
- Bake 1-12 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.