The banded hip flexor stretch takes the classic hip flexor stretch and adds the resistance of the band. Lengthening the lat muscle by stretching the arm upwards can also help release hip flexor tightness because they attach to the lumbar erector muscles.
- Start in a half kneeling, 90/90 stance position.
- Loop the band around your back leg and knot it there.
- Start in a proper rack position with the band in the hand on the same side on the back leg.
- Press your hips forward and pull the band overhead until your elbow is extended.
- Hold, stretching your leg. Keep your spine neutral.
- Repeat 5-8 reps per side.