Homemade Protein Bars
I chose to spice my protein bars up with coconut, but that is completely optional. You could top with chopped nuts or swirl your chocolate with peanut butter! These are chewy, hearty bars that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, or sunflower)
- 0.5 cup maple syrup or honey
- 0.5 cup chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, mix nut butter and maple syrup until well combined.
- Mix oats and protein powder in a medium bowl.
- Add your nut butter and syrup mix to your dry ingredients. If it’s too dry, use a little milk to wet the dough.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Press your dough firmly into the pan.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour.
- Melt your chocolate chips using 10 second bursts in the microwave. Drizzle or spread over your bars.
- Optional: top with shredded coconut (toast for more flavor and crunch!).
Store in your refrigerator (or in the freezer for up to 6 months).